kar khud ko itna buland ke khuda bande se khud puche teri raza kya hai

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Senti


Shit! I don’t want to go! Shit! I just want to run away! How can one place steer so many emotions in you? How do I even attempt to sit down and reminisce about IIT?  How is IIT suddenly on the verge of dissolving into past? Wasn’t it supposed to be forever? Wasn’t it supposed to be where I lived? Wasn’t it supposed to be my home?

For good or for worse, one thing is certain- IIT changed me. I came here as a naive girl (even by the standards of a freshie), I gained (weight?) and lost (hair tresses?), laughed and cried, spent a chunk of space-time of my life, and now suddenly I am about to leave. I may not have attended half the lectures at IIT that I was supposed to, but it seems that IIT has none the less been successful in teaching me some valuable wisdom after all.

I still haven’t decided where I will be going from here on, probably somewhere far-off, into the unknown (Europe; that’s how much I have figured out yet). If you know me, you would probably understand just how much of a joke it seems- me alone, out of India, in a random European nation, into the corporate world of finance (I don’t drink, I am a vegetarian, I can’t even cook, I am extremely lazy by all standards, extremely unadventurous and coward by all standards, the perennial damsel in distress, oh come on- I am me!). How can all this be happening to me?  If ever there was anything as going out of your comfort zone, it couldn’t get bigger than this! The enormity of the upcoming future strikes a ringing fear and excitement in my heart!

On reflecting, all I can do is laugh, laugh on each time that I have laughed or cried. Everything that seemed so important once looks incredibly silly now. In my sophie year, I cried in Malhar, for they wouldn’t let me participate because I had lost my I-card. Fuck! And I had cried! In Xaviers! In front of like 20 people! Oh man! I had jumped in joy when I was made the editor for department blog! Even big days like placements and break up somehow look like a sarcastic joke of Destiny. And you know a good one- even as I am writing it, I am still getting frenzied over the upcoming endsem on Monday! Life is funny, Mr. Reader! Everything comes to a pass. Don’t take life too seriously, for the Divine Ruler of Life has some impossible sense of humour.

I can’t do senti people-wise, for there are uncountable many who have touched my life. Probably we haven’t even spoken, but I have learnt a thing or two just by learning about you. And then there are some of you who have impacted me so deeply, that no words could do justice to the feelings I have for you. All of you, people, take care okay? Each one of you is a rock star in your own right! And thanks, big time, big big time! And don’t you forget to miss me, okay? I may not be leaving behind any mark of mine at IIT, but IIT has sure sealed a big royal stamp on my life. 

3 comments:

  1. Such a sweet Memoir :)
    I love your selection of words plus since I know that how cutely you talk, these words are speaking to me!

    Love and wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deepshikha!!,..you are always so generous with appreciation for my blog :') thanks dear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One can write endlessly on insti life. But this one was Short yet Sweet :) !

    ReplyDelete