kar khud ko itna buland ke khuda bande se khud puche teri raza kya hai

Monday, December 8, 2014

Paris Taught Me:


Mr. Reader! Guess who is returning home to India after hold-your-breath: 15 long months in Paris? So apart from cooking pasta boxes and saying bonjour, merci , au revior and gasping at the Eiffel what else has Paris taught me?:

*I always knew who I am and what I want to be, what I like and what I don’t like; Paris taught me - who I really am, what I really want to be, what I really like and what I really don’t like
*I can wear skirts and sense freedom; only to be trapped in an inescapable cycle of make-up, manicure et al.
*I can live independently and away from everyone I had ever known; only if I learn to forge new friendships again
*The gravity of international issues such as immigration and languages; the immense unappreciated security of always being able to return to India
*The richer your surroundings the more courteous people act with you although the path to wealth is fraught with deceit and unkindness
* Music, chocolates and books are the best pain killers
* Love is powerful; so is materialism
*Differences arising out of gender, religion, nationality and education are illusionary; people are people
*I can survive no matter what; an inner spark can quell away any amount of darkness in life    
                   
Umm should better be going now; you know literally!

PS: Love you Paris!!! à bientôt! India, home here I come! I am starved enough to eat a cow (oopss)!

1 comment: