kar khud ko itna buland ke khuda bande se khud puche teri raza kya hai

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Little Things

Life is a cluster of tiny moments. The biggest of the things are often about the smallest of the joys and the vice-versa. Sitting back at home I thought would be merely an endless wait, but as it turned out it’s being rather good so far. Endless leisure, self-reflection and a laid back lifestyle are agreeing well with me. Here’s a list of a few little things I discovered that can make an ordinary day a delight.

#1 A bowl of hot soup or a cup of hot chocolate in one hand and a good book in the other. I absolutely love reading Mr. Reader! I feel it’s an experience we must savour. I love reading the books slowly, taking a pause between the lines like it were a juicy fruit that just left a lingering delicious taste in the mouth. I love to complement reading with the cosiest settings, a hot snack, comfortable chairs, cafes or light background music. It feels good to revel in the delight of multiple senses like you were escaping the real world.

#2 A car drive (no I don’t drive, I love it at the back seat) the wind whipping your face and good music in your ears. The long drive, a short drive I absolutely love them all! Ah and music is a must! And I really prefer headphones over speakers; it makes the experience so much more intense and personal. I like to feel the time slipping by, like I were really journeying my life, makes me feel it moving forward.

#3 Watching my 1 year old nephew smile. He is so tiny! So small so cute! How can anyone be so small and so cute? I love to lift him up in my arms and squeeze him so tight and kiss him all over his face! And when I whirl him up in circles he giggles ever so loud! Watching him every day, learning his new baby tricks makes me reflect on life and its literal ‘small’ joys! He really is the soft little adorable bundle of joy back home! Here’s a little clip of his first attempts at walking :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment